I hate New Year. Family tensions become more real to me during this time. And tomorrow, I will be ripped apart once again as I annually am.
I know I’m in the minority here, but I hate New Year.
Actually, I can’t remember a single new year when my family didn’t fight. Rather, when my dad and I didn’t fight (okay, maybe like grade school there was a time when jumping at midnight and watching the cool firecrackers that my dad used to take home were enough to make new year fun). But for the last 8 years or so, I’d usually want to go out with cousins or friends after midnight, but my parents (emphasis on dad) would force me to stay home and do nothing. I mean, DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING while they sleep in an effort to shut out the smoke and noise pollution.
Two years ago, my escape plans were foiled. Last year, I was forced to spend it in the province. This year, I won’t even ask. I know sneaking out to party is not exactly the best way to spend new year, but I am 21 years old, and sick of being unhappy on New Year’s Eve.
- Stop spending unnecessarily — this means FOOD, clothes, EVERYTHING.
- Become fluent in a foreign language
- Do not let relationship problems get in the way of work, studies, LIFE
- Become more mature and logical
- Work hard at everything I do, may it be work or lookbook. hah-hah.
- Fall in love again with books
- Read more Filipino literature
- Become a better daughter to my parents.
- Gym, get fit, get sexy!
- Let go of bad history.